7-Ways To Make 2013 Better
1. Forget New Years Resolutions! Instead make intelligent choices. You already have a mission, your impossible dream, commit to that for 2013.
2. Don’t Worry About The Economy. It’s out of your control. Just make intelligent choices regarding your money, whether you have a lot or a little. Be smart enough to avoid spontaneous, emotional spending, and courageous enough to jump on wise investment opportunities when they come your way. Don’t forget you’re an artist, an entrepreneur: wherever you go to create a song or invent an idea that’s the same place to go to create solutions to financial challenges.
3. Upgrade your digital world—it’s a wise investment. All knowledge known to man is now in the palm of your hand. Be sure you have the best “mobile” connection you can afford; including phones, pads, laptops, etc.
4. Grow Your following. Content may be king but community holds the keys to the kingdom. Whether you’re an artist or entrepreneur or both, if you want to make a decent living at this you’re going to need a tribe, a fan-group, a customer base and a following. Read this article “1000 True Fans." Also watch this Seth Godin video on “Tribes”
5. Prepare For Battle! The 3-heartless enemies of every artist and entrepreneur are waiting to take you on every day: Procrastination, Distraction and Doubt. When you hear the bell, come out swinging!
6. Meditate! Learn to tame the beast between your ears. I’ve said it a million times, I began meditating daily in 1985 and the balance I’ve found in my life between the hoopla of rock & roll and the silence of my soul is astounding. I’m not sure who I would be without this one simple practice in my life. If you’re a subscriber to my blogs I’ll be glad to send you my personal guide to a simple meditation practice. Just drop me a note: email@example.com. Again, you must be a subscriber of my blogs.
7. Don’t Do Anything Stupid! You’re an artist, an entrepreneur—a crazy, creative, genius! Although it’s a tough row to hoe, it’s nevertheless a GREAT life, and the only life for you. Don’t screw it up!
Happy, Happy New Year!
|Posted By Mike Pinera|
| All The Best |
Thanks Michael for your excellent advice always. Wishing you and your readers a very Happy and Prosperous New Year. Peace and love to all.
Thanks Michael and everyone who participates. May we all act from our center of inner peace to create towards a happy ,peaceful world ....be it digital or not.
|Posted By mark grove|
| Wising Up in 013 |
Some great tips Mike, on how to "Wise Up" in 2013. For me creating a fan base, or a tribe of musicians who know I'm creating value for them is one of the keys this coming year. Thanks for all the tips this year Mike. I'll take a look at your 1000 true Fans piece,and Seth's "Tribes" video. Success to all musicians and music industry people here on Mike's Blog. Mark in Canada
|Posted By Rachel|
| Wading through.. |
We are upgrading the web too and wow..but..has to be done! Have a wonderful season! :-) Rachel
|Posted By Missy Burton|
| YES!! |
I am printing this out and hanging on my wall. Love this!!
|Posted By Dave Walker|
| Yes. |
This is the sort we need to print out and put on the wall. Meditation is where it's at for me, also. Taming the monkey mind and knowing, really knowing, that the only reality is NOW are two of the most important things we can do to benefit ourselves. Very solid start to 2013 Mr Dolan!
|Posted By Kate Reid|
| Latest blog |
Love this blog, Michael. Thank-you very much! All the best for 2013.
|Posted By TAMMYC|
| ARTIST ROCK! |
HAY NO MATTER WHAT COME'S OUR WAY WE ARE BORN TO CREATE IN ANY SITUATION PLEASE JUST DON'T GET ARTISTS BLOCK!A VERY.BIG HINDRANCE KEEP MOVIN BELIEVING IN YOUR ART AND YOURSELF EVEN IF OTHERS DON'T PEACE.
|Posted By Donna Morsay|
| No resolutions! |
I HATE new yearís resolutions, so thank you for #1. I have already made some intelligent choices for 2013 and plan to make intelligent choices for all Magnificent Seven above!
|Posted By Beth Marcus|
| Begone distractions! |
Shut Up!, I say every morning to Procrastination, Distraction and Self-Doubt. They ARE my worst enemies. They wonít slow me down or get me off course now or in 2013!!! Love the reminder....thank you!
|Posted By Ronnie Basha|
| New Site! |
I will finally have my website up on 1/2/13......Halleluiah!!! And thatís just a start to MOO-ving my career. I am upgrading my phone and Ipad! I plan to well serve my existing customers, including some give-aways so they tell their friends about my website....