8 Ways To Make 2015 Different
The beginning of the year always feels exhilarating. It provokes excitement and enthusiasm for a future that could be—that will be. It also wakes up that crazy inner voice that insists, “this year is going to be different.” That said, here are 8 ways to help make 2015 different:
1) Make NO New Years resolutions. Instead make intelligent choices. You already have a project, a goal, a mission, a plan, or an idea bouncing around between your ears. Commit to that for 2015!
2) The “Internet of Everything” is near: Upgrade your digital world—it’s a wise investment. Everything has become mobile, portable and global and it’s not going to stop—it’s not even going to slow down. Don’t break the bank, however be sure you have the best tech-tools you can afford; including phones, pads, laptops, apps, software, etc. Plus, don’t resist the opportunity to take a few classes this year to sharpen your skills and deepen your awareness of the ever-growing tech revolution.
3) Strengthen your base: Content may be king, but community holds the keys to the kingdom. We live in a “direct to customer” world, and if you want to expand your empire you must “consistently” interact and engage with your fans, followers and customers. It’s an intelligent investment of your time.
4) Turn Off The News! Really, it’s the worst form of hypnotic poison and the most embarrassing product of the entertainment industry. Say good-by to Wolf, Anderson, Storm, Erin, Forrest, Shepard, and all the other talking heads with funny names. Allow others to gather around the TV and get stoned on the drama while you respectfully step away and return to your studio, office or creative space. You’re an artist, an entrepreneur! You have your own drama unfolding right in front of you; Your Art! Your Company! Your Project! And don’t worry about “staying informed,” if something critical happens you’ll rush to the TV for the latest info.
5) Don’t freak out about money: Just make intelligent choices and decisions regarding your resources, whether you have a lot or a little. Be smart enough to avoid spontaneous, emotional spending, and courageous enough to jump on wise investment opportunities when they come your way. Also, be sure to take my 13-second Money Seminar.
6) Commitment is EVERYTHING: Doesn't matter if you're a fledgling songwriter or the CEO of a mega-corp. The commitment to "get there" is your first priority—HOW you’re going to do it is second. To the degree you are ruthlessly committed to achieving your biggest goals, to that degree you will achieve them. Not like “positive thinking,” more like a smart, sturdy foundation to stand on.
7) Silence The Beast: Learn to quiet the critic between your ears. I began meditating daily in 1985, and the balance I’ve found in my life between the hoopla of showbiz and the silence of my soul is astounding. If you’re interested I’ll send you a copy of my personal meditation practice (exclusively for my subscribers only). All you have to do is ask.
8) Don’t Do Anything Stupid! You’re an artist, an entrepreneur—a crazy, creative, genius! I know it can be tough; however, it’s a GREAT life, and the only life for you! Don’t screw it up!
|Posted By Spunky Munkey|
| 2015 |
Excellent advice and to it I might add, write off the negative people in life because their opinions really don't matter.
|Posted By Rachel Walker|
| Love it! :-) |
Thank you MICHAEL! I really appreciate you and all the brilliant creative minds that may or may not think alike but have a like bond here. Thank you once again, truly.! Rachel
|Posted By Billy Bond|
| Thank You! |
Thanks for your invaluable blogs and stories Michael! Happy New Year!
|Posted By Chico Fernandez|
NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.....My NewYears resolution is also to make no resolutions. Happy New Year..I'm performing with my Trio at "Piccolo", a nice restaurant in Venice near the boardwalk. (4th year)
|Posted By Sam Stinger|
| No News! |
Right on Michael! The so called "news" is nothing but a game show in constant search of a mindless audience! Same with talk radio!
|Posted By Billy Bond|
| Thank You! |
Happy New Year Michael!
|Posted By Susan Zinnetti|
| Great Reminders! |
The ones that sound familiar, the ones I hear over and over, are the ones I need to work on. 2-3-5! Happy New year Michael!
|Posted By Beth|
I could focus on any ONE of these and my life would be different! Particularly #7. Happy New Year Michael!
|Posted By Bob O|
| NO Resolutions! |
Good! Iím sick of New Yearís Resolutions!