How To Play “Kick The Can” (0:31)
1) Choose a can, a destination, and a path.
2) Place the can right in the middle of the path.
3) Kick the can as hard as you can, and try to keep it in the center of the path.
4) After you've kicked the can, walk up to it and kick it again as hard as you can, while still trying to keep it in the center of the path.
5) Repeat 1-2-3, ad infinitum.
* The object of the game is to keep kicking the can down the center of the path until you arrive at your destination.
If others criticize your work, consider their POV, then keep kicking the can.
If the voice in your head criticizes your work, don’t listen, just keep kicking the can.
If petty distractions temporarily pull your focus, return your attention to kicking the can.
Truth is, some folks arrive at their destination much faster than others. Perhaps it’s the can they chose, or the way they kick it, or perhaps they’re just natural born “can kickers.” Either way, the more experiences you rack-up by just kicking the can down the path, the better you’ll get at the playing game.